The 2017 EcoHealth Art Competition is now closed. Thank you to all who submitted for your interest in our Journal and cause.
You can view the winners here.
EcoHealth 2017 Conference Art Competition
EcoHealth proudly announces our 4th Biennial International Art Competition sponsored by EcoHealth Alliance. We would like to extend an open invitation to students, graphic artists, and any other interested individuals to participate. Artwork should exemplify the journal themes: One Health and Conservation Medicine; Ecosystem Approaches to Health; and Public Health, Ecosystems and Society.
Artwork will be judged upon its relevance to the mission of our organization and winners will have a chance to be featured on the cover of an upcoming issue of EcoHealth.
1st Prize: $1,000 and one-year subscription to the print-version of the journal EcoHealth
2nd Prize: $500 and one-year subscription to the print-version of the journal EcoHealth
3rd Prize: $250 and one-year subscription to the print-version of the journal EcoHealth
Submit your artwork! To qualify for this art competition, you must submit ALL of the following by April 1, 2017:
- Hi-resolution TIFF, EPS or JPEG file or link to artwork
- 250 word statement about your art and its relevance to EcoHealth
- 100-words or more short artist biography
- Your contact information, including full name, phone number, email and mailing address
- Filled out and signed Copyright Transfer Agreement [download]
All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ECOHEALTH COVER ART 2017” in the subject line. NOTE: Emails without the subject line will not be received. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since emails will not be evaluated. Submissions that are missing 1 or more of the necessary documents will be automatically disqualified. All submissions will receive an automatic response confirming receipt.
The EcoHealth Journal has a long-standing commitment to foster a dialogue among ecohealth practitioners and academics from the humanities and the social and natural sciences. This commitment is demonstrated by:
- our commitment to publishing original artwork on the cover of the EcoHealth Journal;
- the biennial Ecohealth Art Competition;
- workshops and seminars at Ecohealth Conferences dedicated to the humanities in Ecohealth.
We all benefit from this type of inter- and trans-disciplinary collaboration and exchange. We are always looking for new opportunities to engage with the humanities in promoting human, animal and environmental issues. Please contact us if you have an interest in fostering these connections!